With the Olympics having started it seems as though it’s not just the athletes that are going for gold! Metallic gold, silver and bronze are all over the high streets at the moment in various styles, shapes and all clothing imaginable, your bound to find yourself a winner – yes Metallics are in.
From muted, dull tones to shimmering fabrics and sparkling sequins the current fashion can be worn as understated or as OTT as you like. Celebrities such as Nicole Scherzinger, Fergie and Selena Gomez have all been seen ahead of the rest when it comes to the Olympic inspired trend stepping out from head to toe in metallic glamour weeks ago!
Here are some tips how to pull off this latest fashion statement;
- Gold is best suited to darker or olive skin tones, silver with mid and bronze with very fair skin, especially fiery red heads
- Don’t mix up metallics even when it comes to jewellery, stick to gold & gold, silver & silver etc or opt for statement coloured fashion pieces
- To play it safe stick to grey or black footwear when wearing silver
- Team metallics with brights or pastels and tackle two trends
- Wear with denim to tone the look down, more appropriate for the day or smart casual events
- Layer up your textures, silk, sequins and thicker knits all look fab together
My favourite tip…
Instead of trying to hide what you don’t like about your body flaunt what you do! Metallic pieces can be real eye catchers; if you love your legs then draw attention to them in a glam metallic mini skirt, if it’s your curves your proud of then throw on a figure hugging metallic blazer and accentuate them even more!