If chosen correctly for oblong shaped faces, sunglasses are capable of enhancing your best features whilst drawing attention away from your not so best features and they can completely change your overall look. When looking for Sunglasses for Oblong Shaped Faces it’s important you think about frame colour, shape and size in comparison with your face shape. Sunglasses can help shorten an oblong face and balance out your features. A general rule for sunglasses is smaller frames are best on smaller faces as larger frames are better on larger faces.
Best Sunglasses for Oblong Face
- The aim for oblong face shapes is to add some extra width to the face balancing out your long thinner face shape and creating a more oval appearance.
- Large frames are great on oblong faces, this is fab if you’re into fashion as the over sized look is in for summer 2011. Large square or round frames are perfect for shortening a longer face.
- Decorative sides such as patterned or brightly coloured will draw others to the sides of your face adding width and shortening, overall giving a more balanced appearance.
Sunglasses to Avoid for an Oblong Shaped Face
- Small frames
- Sunglasses wider than they are deep
- Perfect square frames, they will create unwanted angular features
Sunglasses on Celebrities with Oblong Shaped Faces
Celebrities with oblong shaped face – Ashlee Simpson, Sarah Jessica Parker, Gwyneth Paltrow